Here are my latest The Diaper Facts columns.
The answers to everything you ever wanted to ask about choosing and using cloth diapers!
I want to switch to cloth diapers. Please help. I don't know where to start. Please tell me what I need to start...
I have several questions! I am using a diaper service, but it just doesn't seem to be working out for me!
1. When I change my babies' diapers, the diaper is completely soaked and their covers are very wet too. Usually I just wipe the covers down with a wipe, but it is such a pain, and I end up washing covers all day long! The covers are supposed to be waterproof, but my babies leak all over their clothing!
I know I want to use cloth diapers on my baby, who will be born very soon. How do I find a diaper service? Are the diaper services more expensive than disposable diapers? If I can't find one in my city, how hard will it be to wash my own?
I thought I would use cloth diapers, but my husband keeps going on about how expensive will it be to wash them!
One common problem experienced by all using cloth diapers is smell. Here are some common causes that can exacerbate the problem. You may not be experiencing problems with your current washing routine, but if you are here are some suggestions to combat the problem.
I just washed up a lovely pile of cloth diapers, and pull them to my face for a good whiff of nice, clean diapers. But what did I smell instead? E-e-w-w! Stinky diapers!! What went wrong???
Toss those stinky diapers right back into the washing machine!
With a good quality cloth diapering system, you should be experiencing almost no leakage...
Do you need a cover over fitted diapers? If so, what do you recommend? And how many washings before a cover would start to deteriorate? Do you have to wash a cover as often as the diapers? Do you recommend the snap or the Velcro® style? When washing the Velcro® style covers, wouldn't the Velcro® attach to other diapers and covers in the wash... or even deteriorate over time?
This article compliments of Born to Love.
The Diaper Facts columns:
• How Do I Get Started With Cloth Diapering?
• Cloth Diapering With A Diaper Service
• How Do I Wash Cloth Diapers?
• Expensive to Wash Cloth Diapers?
• The STINK on Stinky Diapers
• Why are my cloth diapers and covers stinky?
• Here's my Stinky Diaper Solution!
• Why are my cloth diapers and/or diaper covers leaking?!?
• How Do I Make My Diaper Covers Last?
Other articles that might be of interest:
• How to Choose the Perfect Cloth Diapering System
• Feeling Confused About Your Cloth Diapering Decision?
• Diapering Expert Shares Secrets!
• Do Cloth Diapers Seem Too Expensive?
• Frugal Diaper Washing
• Frugal Diapering
• Frugal Baby Tips: Make Your Own Baby Bum Sweaters!
• Your Choice Does Make a Difference!
• What's Wrong With 'Disposable' Single-Use Diapers?
• Environmental Concerns - What Do They Mean For You and Your Baby?
• Environmental Concerns II - Looking at Both Sides of the Issue
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Born to Love articles are written by Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
Born to Love is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees.
NOTE: All logos, company names, brands, images, trademarks and other intellectual property are the property of their respective owners.
Born to Love is a participant in the eBay Partner Network, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to eBay.com.
Copyright © 1978 - BorntoLove.com - All Rights Reserved.
Last updated - May 2, 2016