On the down side drownings will increase. Here are a few quick safety tips to keep your kids safe:
• Don't be tempted to leave your kid alone in the bath or by the pool, even for a short time. Let the phone or doorbell ring until you can your child with you.
• Empty baths, nappy buckets or other containers should be kept locked away, especially around the garden where you might assume your child is safe - they love to play with water and it does not take them long to fill a bucket from a hose. A child can drown in 30 seconds in only 2 inches of water.
• Cover garden ponds with a net or suitable wire-mesh.
• Make sure your swimming pool is adequately fenced or covered with a net.
• Gates should be self-closing.
• Train your child in survival skills such as floating or treading in the water.
• Ensure your kids are constantly supervised when in the water, even if they can swim like fish!!
• Discourage children from jumping in to help other. This often results in a double tragedy. Teach them to throw the victim something that floats or a long object to hold on to. Get them to call an adult for help. Teach simple rescue methods and first aid.
• Be aware of the dangers around your home and the suburb where you live. Open masses of water, rivers, canals attract children to play and are extremely dangerous. Teach your kids to avoid playing in these areas.
• Watch out for the sun!! Yes, sunburn and skin cancers are as dangerous. Use UV block-outs, UV protective swim-wear and minimize exposure during the worst times, 11am-2pm.
This was brought to you in the interest of child safety by SwimEEZY, manufacturers of SwimEEZY swim-aids and BOPPA flotation aids.
For more information see our website at Swimeezy.com
Contact: Peter Constan-Tatos
This article compliments of Born to Love.
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Born to Love articles are written by Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
Born to Love is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees.
NOTE: All logos, company names, brands, images, trademarks and other intellectual property are the property of their respective owners.
Born to Love is a participant in the eBay Partner Network, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to eBay.com.
Copyright © 1978 - BorntoLove.com - All Rights Reserved.
Last updated - January 11, 2017